Published: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 3 years, 2 months ago
The objective of this survey is to examine the current state of collections care and conservation in Canada. This will provide data that can be used by institutions for advocacy, fundraising and programming purposes. It has been developed by the Canadian Association for Conservation of Cultural Property (CAC) and by the Canadian Association of Professional Conservators (CAPC).
Who should answer this survey: Staff from museums, libraries, archives, art galleries or cultural centres with heritage collections that are accessible to the public. Only one response per institution please. The respondent should be familiar with the collection and facilities, and be able to obtain basic financial and staffing information.
Privacy and confidentiality statement
All responses, including any personal information you provide, will be kept strictly confidential. Your input will only be used in combination with the responses of others participating in the survey. Our research examines data associated with groups of respondents. Your individual responses are not shown to anyone. Open text answers could be shared in reports - but always anonymously.
- Alberta Museums Association
- Archives Society of Alberta
- Association des archivistes du Québec
- Association of Manitoba Museums
- Association of Nova Scotia Museums
- British Columbia Museums Association
- Canadian Art Museum Directors Organization
- Canadian Council of Archives
- Canadian Museums Association
- Community Museums Association of PEI
- Government of Yukon, Department of Tourism
- Government of Nunavut, Department of Culture and Heritage
- Museum Association of Saskatchewan
- Regroupement des services d'archives privés agréés du Québec
- Saskatchewan Council for Archives and Archivists
- Société des musées du Québec
If firewall restrictions prevent you or your institution from opening Survey Monkey, a .pdf version of the survey is available here. Once completed, please email your scanned survey responses to Simon Lambert, Preservation Development Advisor / Preservation Services, Canadian Conservation Institute, Department of Canadian Heritage / Government of Canada, firstname.lastname@example.org