Thursday, April 25, 2019 10:00am – Friday, April 26, 2019 3:30pm
Event location: Nova Scotia Sport Hall of Fame
** REGISTRATION FOR THIS COURSE IS FULL
This workshop, lead by Marc Belanger and Kyle Johnson, will examine the role that exhibits play in fulfilling the educational function of museums and creating a successful visitor experience.
Key content/subject areas:
- Creating successful visitor experiences
- Use of different types of interpretive resources, including artifacts, archival materials, and intangible forms of heritage
- The interpretive planning and exhibition development process
- Increasing interactivity in museum exhibitions
- New trends in museum exhibitions
This workshop will combine formal instruction, group discussion, hands-on exercises, and a graded take-home assignment.
You can read more about this course by downloading the Interpretation II: Exhibitions Info Sheet found here at the bottom of the Museum Studies Program Page.
Join us this April 25-26 at the Nova Scotia Sport Hall of Fame in Halifax!
- ANSM Members: $125.00
- Non-Members: $175.00
- Registration Opens: March 6th, 2019 at noon
- Registration Deadline: April 15th 2019 by 5pm
Registration opens March 6, 2019 at noon.
Register online by clicking the Register Online button below, or send a completed registration form with payment by cheque to: Association of Nova Scotia Museums, 1113 Marginal Road, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 4P7 Please inform us via email or by phone in advance if you are mailing your registration, as it is first-come first-served, and courses tend to fill quickly online. Payments must be received before the registration deadline. Whether you register online or via mail, you will receive an email confirming your place in the course.
Register Online Register Online