The Association of Nova Scotia Museums is committed to having a skilled, diversified workforce. Applications are invited from all qualified candidates, including Indigenous, women, people of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, visible minorities, racialized people, and people with disabilities. The ANSM is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environment. Alternative selection tool methods and/or reasonable accommodation are available upon request.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SALARY: $ 18/hr
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: 6-8 weeks
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, January 11, 2023 @ noon
ANSM is a non-profit organization that provides support services to its museum members across Nova Scotia, including database management, online resources, workshops, conferences and symposiums. ANSM offers a reference library (primarily books) as well as online resources as membership benefits. The purpose of this position is to merge existing resources into one online catalogue of offerings, using CollectiveAccess. This will involve:
- Reviewing, culling, and rehousing of reference library books;
- Reviewing, culling, and cataloguing paper files from previous workshops and training offerings;
- Reviewing, updating, and cataloguing digital documents (sample forms, policies and templates);
- Cataloguing YouTube database tutorials and other training videos;
- Reviewing and cataloguing webinars, including those delivered during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Testing user-friendliness of resource library on ANSM’s website, including search capacity and request process;
- Updating ANSM procedures for the resource library.
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate will:
- Have knowledge of and experience with current museological standards of practice and the changing trends in the field;
- Have excellent organizational, reading, writing, and critical thinking skills;
- Be able to work well both independently and in a team environment.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Work in an office environment;
- Requires lifting and moving objects up to 20 kg. Must be able to safely climb inclines, negotiate uneven surfaces, stairs and ladders;
- May require long periods at a desk, reading of lengthy documents, and time in front of a computer.
- Remote and flexible work hours can be arranged.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter to Maggie MacIntyre, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Competition closes at noon (12:00 p.m.), Wednesday, January 11, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.