Wednesday, March 25, 2020 – Wednesday, May 6, 2020
This Session series provides participants with excerpts from the ANSM Museum Studies Program Museums 101 course. The series does not replace the two day course but offers an opportunity to step into the topics covered in the course in an informal learning environment and with Q&A options.
The seven sessions are presented on a weekly basis (approx 45 mins including Q&A) on Wednesdays at 11:00am ADT. The first in the series is on Wednesday, March 25, 11:00am.
Participants can register separately for each session and they are offered on a “pay what you can” basis. Sessions are presented using Zoom which can be downloaded and installed free of charge. Links for the virtual meeting will be sent to participants after they register.
Museum Fundamentals session series:
- March 25 - Our Professional Legacy: The Origins and Evolution of Museums
- April 1 - Our Defining Statements: Definitions & Missions
- April 8 - Our Knowledge Sharing: “Nothing about Us, without Us”
- April 15 - Our Guidelines: Museum Ethics
- April 22 - Museum Core Functions: Collections
- April 29 - Museum Core Functions: Care
- May 6 - Museum Core Functions: Access
Registration for each of the sessions opens Monday March 23, 2020. Please click on the session titles to register online. If you have any questions, please contact Karin at email@example.com