Thursday, November 2, 2017 10:00am – Friday, November 3, 2017 4:00pm
Event location: Scott Manor House, 15 Fort Sackville Rd, Bedford, NS B4A 2G6
** This course is now full. To be placed on a wait-list, please contact Jennifer at email@example.com
A strong governance framework is the backbone of a healthy, sustainable and forward thinking organisation. Join facilitators, Barbara Richman & Leah Hamilton, as they examine the structure, management and governance of museums; the roles and responsibilities of boards, staff and volunteers; and the key tools and skills needed to fulfill those roles and responsibilities.
Key content includes:
- The role of board, staff and volunteers
- Legal obligations, ethical responsibilities and accountability
- Budgeting, managing finances and understanding fiscal responsibility
- Defining an organisation’s mission, mandate, vision & values
- Introduction to strategic planning & business planning practices
- Introduction to recruiting, training, managing and retaining staff & volunteers
- Information management
- Participants will be able to:
- define the distinct roles & duties of board, staff and volunteers
- identify and understand the importance of key management and governance tools such as budgets, business plans, strategic plans
- apply planning, implementation and evaluation processes to fulfill a museum’s responsibilities to community and funders
You can read more about this course by downloading the Museum Management and Governance Info Sheet found at the bottom of our Museum Studies Program page.
- ANSM Members: $125.00
- Non-Members: $175.00
- Registration Deadline: October 20, 2017
Registration opens August 22, 2017 at noon and closes on October 20, 2017 at 4:00pm.
Register online by clicking the Register Online button below, or send a completed registration form with payment by cheque to: Association of Nova Scotia Museums, 1113 Marginal Road, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 4P7
Registration Register Online